Thursday, February 27, 2014

Biafra My Biafra!


Biafra, my Biafra!
The land of the rising sun
The land of great warriors
The land my fathers dreamt for
The land my fathers cried for
The land my fathers fought for
The land my fathers died for
The land that never be!

Biafra, you were overpowered!
Overpowered by great forces never imagined
You’re desperate and eager to be born
For over three years you struggled for freedom
But you were aborted with great instruments!
As destructive as that of the physicians
Aborted by great and awesome powers
Even before you could be born
Biafra, my fathers told me of you!

In great stories I can’t ever forget
Stories told from their bitter and sad mouths
O, how your blood flowed in uplands!
They’re very brutal to you
And slaughtered you like they’ll do to Christmas goats
Your blood flowed unstopped in thick forests;
Wasted away in vain

Biafra, my Biafra, hear me as I speak!
Do you think you can surface again?
I’ve my doubts…
The great hands that aborted you like the physicians’ hands;
Still knock around ruthlessly
Knocking in desperation to stop you again
Don’t you think they’ll abort you again?
Anyway, time will tell…

(c) (2013) By Success Kanayo Uchime, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment